Hello Parents!
My name is Angelia
Cummings and I will be teaching your 2nd Grade students at Redwood Elementary.
My goal as their teacher is to continually have students grow not only mentally
in their education, but also continuing to learn more about themselves and what
they are capable of doing in their lifetime. Your children are the first
priority in my classroom and I will do everything in my power to help them be
successful this year. I will also do everything I can to help prepare them for
success in the years to come. Thank you for trusting me with the responsibility
of teaching your students. I thank you ahead of time for your support over the
next the year.
There are many different
parts and roles that go into a working classroom. As a teacher, my goal is to
go into as much depth with your students as possible, but that can sometimes be
difficult with so many different needs. As parents I know how busy life
can get when you are trying to juggle so many different aspects of home life
and work life. I ask for your support in bridging the gap between your child's
school life and home life this year. Research shows that the more involved
parents are in their student's education, the more successful that student will
be in their future. There are many different ways that parents can get
involved. I will be sending home a paper with a list of volunteer needs
for our classroom. There are two things you can do to help get our year started
smoothly. 1) Please fill out the following information provided in the homework
folder this week. Included is a check list of volunteer work. Please check
where you would like to contribute. 2) A supplies list is included. This list
is not required, but it would be helpful for keeping our classroom stocked with
the necessary supplies. Please bring what you can to school with your student
by 08/26/2013.
Thank you for your time
and commitment to your child's education. I am so excited to work with you and
your child this year. It is going to be a wonderful journal. If you have any
questions or concerns feel free to email, call by phone or visit our classroom
at anytime.
With Care,
Mrs.Cummings
Angelia Cummings
801-680-5099
In my attempt to save paper, these announcements will be posted on
my classroom blog which can be found at http://mrscummings2ndgrade.blogspot.com/.
I will up the blog at the first of the week. I encourage you to look at this
information on a weekly basis to stay updated. If you would prefer to receive a
paper copy of the blog information sent home please put your student’s name and
sign your name in the box provided.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.