Translate

Monday, September 9, 2013

Hello Parents,

I am sorry I have not been keeping you updated. My focus lately has been on testing each of your children in math, spelling and reading so that I can get an idea of where each student needs to grow during second grade. Although testing is tiring, it does give me a basic idea of where each of your children would fit best in sense of groups for both math and reading.

HERE IS AN UPDATE: 

I have started sending home homework in your child's homework folder.You should expect three different homework activities every week.


SPELLING:
 Every Friday you will receive a GREEN PAPER with a list of spelling words and activities for your students to complete. Please have your student complete this spelling paper and return with your signature and the completion of three activities that your child has chosen to complete for the week. I would like to see your students work so please help your child send back the completed papers with the green sheet.  Each spelling sheet will due the following Friday.

READING: 
Your child has the homework of reading 30 minutes every night. Please sign both the spelling and reading calendar to show that this has been completed. The best way to grow in reading is to practice, practice, practice!!!

MATH: 
A GREY  paper will be sent home everyday. I recommend that students do this homework and return it the following day so they don't get overwhelmed, but I also understand that families have other commitments so the math homework for the week will not be officially collected from the homework  basket until the end of Friday every week. Note: Please make sure that YOUR STUDENT is completing this homework NOT YOU. I have noticed some handwriting issues on the math homework. I need to see what each child knows so that they will be successful. Please support and help your child, but do not just give them the answers on these worksheets.

VOLUNTEER: 
If you sent back a volunteer sheet. Stay tuned! I will be communicating with specifically has SEPs on Sept 25th -Sept 26th. At that time we will figure out where your help and skills would best fit our classroom. I can't wait to get your assistance and help in the classroom. There are already so many things that I can foresee needing assistance with this upcoming year.

SPECIAL THANKS! :

Thank you to all the parents who donated supplies to our classroom. Your help has been wonderful in making sure each student has the supplies that they need.

Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Angelia Cummings



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.